Philips AVENT Breast Shells protect sore, cracked nipples and provide relief from engorgement during or between pumping and nursing. The ventilated inner shell, padded by a soft silicone cushion, gently presses on the areola, creating a slow trickle of milk. The outer shell prevents leaks, holding the milk until it can be collected or discarded. The silicone shells and pads can be sterilized in any Philips AVENT sterilizer or by boiling.
- Ventilated shells – protect sore or cracked nipples to help them heal more quickly. Their gentle pressure helps relieve engorgement. The holes allow air to circulate.
- The ultrasoft breast shells are worn inside your bra to protect your nipples from chafing and to collect excess breast milk
- Gentle pressure on areola relieves engorgement and outer shell securely stores leaked milk
- Ventilated shells – The holes allow air to circulate
- Can be sterilized in a Philips AVENT Sterilizer